Ratatouille with Beef
- Umami-rich Recipes with Beef
This is a Western ragout for the family.
Umami in vegetables, such as tomatoes, and beef bring synergy and make the dish very tasty.The dish is highly nutritious and is ideal for both lunch and dinner.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 200g thin sliced beef
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 onion
- 1 eggplant
- 1/2 zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Slice the beef into ４cm slices. Cut tomatoes into chunky pieces. Cut onion, eggplant and zucchini into ２cm cubes.
- 2. Put the olive oil and garlic and heat over low heat. When the aroma of garlic comes out, turn heat to medium and cook the onion, eggplant and zucchini.
- 3. When the vegetables have turned golden brown, add the tomatoes and cover with a lid. Let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- 4. Add beef. Once the beef is cooked, add salt and pepper to taste.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
- Cooking time : 20 minutes
- Calorific Value : 510 kcal
Beef is rich in inosinate and tomato is rich in glutamate and so forth. Pairing of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.