- Umami-rich Recipes with Beef
The umami of beef and Parmigiano Reggiano blend together in your mouth to create a very strong umami.This is good for both the main course and appetizer.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 200g of beef round for steak
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmigiano Regianno
- 10 rockets (arugulas)
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the beef round steak and put it in a frying pan with olive oil and heat it. Cook both sides well and make sure it is still rare inside. Wrap with aluminum foil and let it sit for a while.
- 2. Slice the beef into ５mm thickness and arrange on a plate. Shred Parmigiano Reggiano with a peeler over the beef.
- 3. Tear the leaves of the rockets and arrange on the meet. Sprinkle salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar on it.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
Parmigiano Regianno（Parmesan cheese）
- Cooking time : 10 minutes
- Calorific Value : 330 kcal
Beef is rich in inosinate, Parmigiano Reggino is rich in glutamate. Pairing of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.