- Umami-rich Recipes with Beef
Saltimbocca is an Italian word that means “fly into one’s mouth or to be cooked in a short time”. We use beef here instead of veal. Please enjoy the synergy from cooked cured ham and beef.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 4 thin-sliced beef
- 4 slices cured ham
- 8 sage leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 3 tbsp demi-glace sauce
- 1. Make layers of the beef, sage leaf and cured ham and sprinkle salt and pepper. Wrap the layer with cellophane. Flatten it out with a pestle. Unwrap and sprinkle it with flour.
- 2. Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan and add 1 till the beef turns golden brown. Arrange on a plate.
- 3. Pour white wine into the pan and add demi-glace sauce and butter. Mix them well and season with salt and pepper. Put it over the beef.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
- Cooking time : 15 minutes
- Calorific Value : 580 kcal
Beef is rich in inosinate and cured ham is rich in glutamate and so forth. Pairing of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.