Sea Bream and Cured Ham Carpaccio
- Umami-rich Recipes with Seafood
Umami-rich carpaccio made with sea bream and cured ham. Water cress makes the dish colorful.Instead of sea bream, you can use flounder or Japanese sea bass.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 80g seabream (for sashimi)
- cured ham
- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Shave a seabream thinly and arrange on a plate.
- 2. Cut cured ham in slices half as big as the seabream. Put the cured ham on each piece of seabream.
- 3. Blend olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Spread half of it on 2. Mix watercress, which is cut into ４cm lengths, with the rest of the dressing.
- 4. Spread 3 thickly on to 2.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
- Cooking time : 15 minutes
- Calorific Value : 230 kcal
Sea bream is rich in umami substance, inosinate, cured ham is rich in glutamate and so forth.Paring of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.