Stewed Lotus Roots and a Soft Boiled Cube of Pork
- Umami-rich Recipes with Pork
Pork is rich in inosinate, and lotus root is rich in glutamate, so they go very well.
Since we use a layered pork cube, the cooking time is not long but it ends up very tender. It is a beautiful-looking dish.
■ Ingredients（ for 4 persons ）
- 400g pork rib (sliced)
- 1 lotus root
- Vegetable oil
A ・1 cup of dashi stock ・2 slices ginger ・2 tbsp sake ・2 tbsp mirin (sweet rice wine) ・2 tbsp soy sauce ・1 tbsp sugar
- 1. Cut the lotus root into ５mm thick semicircular slices.
- 2. Flatten the pork and make layers to a height of ４cm. Lightly push it down to fix the meat and cut into ４cm pieces. Sprinkle them with flour.
- 3. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the pork and lotus root. When they turn golden brown, take them out.
- 4. Wipe oil on to the frying pan and add A. Boil them and put 3 in again. Cover with a lid and cook for about 10 minutes.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
- Cooking time : 20 minutes
- Calorific Value : 500 kcal
Pork is rich in inosinate, lotus root is rich in glutamate and so forth. Pairing of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.