Simmered Chicken Thigh and Shiitake Mushrooms
- Umami-rich Recipes with Chicken
A popular dish using familiar ingredients such as chicken and fresh shiitake mushrooms.You can use shimeji mushroom and/or maitake mushroomsinstead of fresh shiitake mushroom.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 1 piece of chicken thigh (about 300g)
- 6 shiitake mushrooms
- vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Japanese sake
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestor sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1. Cut the chicken thigh into bite-sized pieces. Cut the shiitake mushrooms in half.
- 2. Heat vegetable oil in a pan, cook the chicken thigh. When the chicken turned brown, add shiitake mushrooms and continuce to cook.
- 3. Pour water into ２ until cover chicken and shiitake mushrooms. Add sake, sugar, mirin and soy sauce and simmer until the chicken cooked.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
- Cooking time : 15 minutes
- Calorific Value : 500 kcal
Chicken is rich in umami substance; glutamate and inosinate, shiitake mushroom is rich in glutamate. Pairing of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.