Hamburg steak with shiitake mushroom
- Umami-rich Recipes with Beef
With dried shiitake mushrooms, regular hamburg steak develops more umami.
Umami spreads throughout your whole mouth. In one step, the dish attains a restaurant-level taste.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 2 dried shiitake mushroom
- 200g mined beef
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp milk
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 2 tbso tomato ketchap
- 1 tbsp tonkatsu sauce
- 1. Place the dried shiitake mushrooms in a bowl with water and leave to soak, then cut them into thin slices. Soak the bread crumbs with milk. Mix all the dumpling ingredients in a bowl, and separate them into two oval-shaped pieces.
- 2. Heat the vegetable oil and butter in a frying pan and add 1. Cook over low-medium heat for about 5 minutes. Turn it over and cook for another 5 minutes. Arrange them on a plate.
- 3. Pour red wine on to the frying pan and heat it up. Once it boils, add ketchup and tonkatsu sauce. When it reaches a thick consistency, pour it over ２．
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
Dried shiitake mushrooms
- Cooking time : 15 minutes
- Calorific Value : 490 kcal
Beef is rich in inosinate, shiitake mushroom is rich in glutamate and guanylate and so forth. Pairing of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.