Ultimate Western Style Tsukune
- Umami-rich Recipes with Chicken
※The picture shows an arrangement for one serving.
Though Parmigiano Reggiano is a very Western ingredient, it goes well with the taste of Japanese sweet soy sauce.Chopped dried tomatoes bring out umami, sourness and sweetness. Please try it.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 250g minced chicken
- 2 tbsp grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 pieces of dried tomato
- 1/4 piece onion
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sake
- salt and pepper to taste
〈For Sauce〉 ・2 tbsp sake ・2 tbsp soy sauce ・2 tbsp mirin (Japanese rice wine) ・2 tbsp sugar
- 1. Chop dried tomato and onion. Mix the chicken, Parmigiano Reggiano, dried tomato, onion, light soy sauce, sake, salt and pepper. Divided into six in stick-like shape. Skew them.
- 2. Mix all ingredients for sauce in a pan and cook until it is thickened.
- 3. Grill 1 in a oven or fa ish grill. Put the sauce several times and cook until it become brown for about 8 minutes.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
- Cooking time : 25 minutes
- Calorific Value : 360 kcal
Chicken is rich in umami substance; glutamate and inosinate, Parmigiano Reggiano is rich in glutamate. In addition, dried tomato is rich in both glutamate and in inosinate. Comibination of these three ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.