Oil-free Carpaccio of Bonito and Onion
- Recipes with Umami Ingredients
Eating bonito and onion at same time brings synergistic effect in your mouth.
It’s simple but tasty even without oil.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 1 onion
- bonito (with skin, for sashimi)
1/3 pcs (200g)
- 1/4 lemon (juice)
- 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Slice onion thin and put them in a bowl. Add lemon juice and salt in it and mix them until they get tender.
POINT! Onion’s pungency can be reduced by mixing with lemon juice and salt.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and place bonito skin side down. When you can see the golden brown color on the bonito. Take it out and soak it in cold water. Wipe it and slice into thin.
- 3. Arrange onion on a plate and put bonito. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Serve with a lemon.
＜ 食材のうま味数値 ＞
- 15Cooking time : 15 minutes
- Calorific Value : 150 kcal
Onion is rich in glutamate, bonito is rich in inosinate and so forth. Pairing of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
With the hope of “Delivering proper home cooking to everyone”, she started a cooking class. Her motto is “Cooking should be much more enjoyable.” She is an active participant on TV programs, cooking clips, lectures, magazines, writing cooking books, and various cooking classes. Her imagination and uniqueness have a high reputation. One of her cooking books is “Everyday Recipes with Vinegar” (Kaji Publications)