Steam Cooked Chinese Cabbage and Pork
- Recipes with Umami Ingredients
If you cook without adding additional water、the umami becomes concentrated.
By simply adding only salt and pepper to taste, this dish is delicious. It is ideal for everyday recipes.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 600g Chinese cabbage
- 100g Pork ribs
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1. Remove the individual leaves of Chinese cabbage and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle them with corn starch.
POINT! Cooking Chinese cabbage sprinkled with corn starch helps to keep the umami and water.
- 2. Sprinkle the pork with salt and black pepper.
- 3. Heat a frying pan over medium heat, place the pork and cook until its color changes. Add Chinese cabbage and cover with a lid and continue to cook. Turn it upside down often till you can see the golden brown color on it.Taste with 1 tsp salt and black pepper.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
- Cooking time : 10 minutes
- Calorific Value : 250 kcal
Chinese cabbage is rich in glutamate, pork rib is rich in inosinate and so forth. Pairing of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
With the hope of “Delivering proper home cooking to everyone”, she started a cooking class. Her motto is “Cooking should be much more enjoyable.” She is an active participant on TV programs, cooking clips, lectures, magazines, writing cooking books, and various cooking classes. Her imagination and uniqueness have a high reputation. One of her cooking books is “Everyday Recipes with Vinegar” (Kaji Publications)