Dried Curry and Rice
- Umami-rich Recipes with Pork
The umami synergy of pork and vegetables makes the dish very tasty.
The sweetness and sourness of the tomatoes add spiciness. It is ideal for lunch.
■Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 150g minced pork
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 celery
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp curried powder *
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- boiled rice
＊Please adjust how much you use
- 1. Cut the tomatoes into １cm cubes. Chop the onions, celery and carrots.
- 2. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and add the onions, celery, carrots, garlic and ginger and fry them. When there is an aroma, add the pork till it is cooked. Then, add the curry powder and continue to fry it.
- 3. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- 4. Serve rice and put 3 on it.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
- Cooking time : 25 minutes
- Calorific Value : 310 kcal（ごはん含め 610 kcal）
Pork is rich in inosinate, tomato is rich in glutamate and so forth. Pairing of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.