Cold beef salad with tomato oil-free dressing
- Umami-rich Recipes with Beef
The tomato oil-free dressing has sweetness, sourness and umami.Quickly boiled beef and the tomato dressing are a great pair. The colorful appearance increases your appetite.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 200g of paper-thin sliced beef
- 1/2 bundle of Japanese mizuna
- 1/2 cucumber
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp ponzu soy sauce
- 1. Cut cherry tomatoes in quarter. Cut shiso into thin strips.
- 2. Mix 1 and ponzu soysauce and set in a refrigerator.
- 3. Swish the beef around a few seconds in a boiling water then let them cool down on a strainer. Cut mizuna into ４cm-length. Cut cucumber lengthwise and cut it into thin and diagonal slices.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
- Cooking time : 15 minutes
- Calorific Value : 450 kcal
Beef is rich in inosinate and cherry tomato is rich in glutamate and so forth. Pairing of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.