Fried Pork and Cabbage with Chili Oil
- Umami-rich Recipes with Pork
This is a fried dish that is easy to cook with popular ingredients. In the recipe, umami from pork enriches the umami and sweetness of cabbage. With the chili oil in the last step, it gives the dish a restaurant-level taste.
■Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 200 g thinly sliced pork ribs
- 2 cabbage leaves
- sesame oil as you like
- salt and pepper as you like
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp chili oil
- 1. Cut the pork into ４cm width. Cut the cabbage into chunky pieces.
- 2. Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan and fry the pork. Please make sure that the meat does not overlap.
- 3. Turn the pork over when it becomes golden brown and add the cabbage.
- 4. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Add soy sauce to the outer part of the pan. Add chili oil to finish up and mix quickly.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
- Cooking time : 10 minutes
- Calorific Value : 450 kcal
Pork is rich in inosinate, cabbage is rich in glutamate and so forth. Pairing of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.