- Umami-rich Recipes with Seafood
A seafood bowl of rice mixed with green tea leaves. Umami of seafood and tea leaves are mixed together.The bitterness of the tea leaves that lingers is one of the delicious elements of the seafood bowl.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 400g rice
- 1 tbsp green tea leaf
- 1 horse mackerel (for sashimi)
- 60g tuna (for sashimi)
- 2 scallops (for sashimi)
- nori (laver) flakes
- kinome (sansho leaves)
- soy sauce and wasabi
- 1. Make the green tea leaves finer with a grinder. Mix it with rice and arrange on a bowl.
- 2. Shave the horse mackerel, tuna and scallops into bite-sized pieces.
- 3. Place nori flakes on the rice and arrange the horse mackerel, tuna, scallops, and kinome colorfully. Serve it with soy sauce and wasabi.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
Green tea leaf
- Cooking time : 15 minutes
- Calorific Value : 440 kcal
Green tea leaf is rich in umam substance, glutamate. Combined with regular ingredients and recipes, it brings synergistic effect and becomes much tastier.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.