Sardines Stewed with Tomato
- Umami-rich Recipes with Seafood
This recipe of tomato sauce and sardines, which has umami, is very popular.
The taste of garlic and basil make the dish more delicious.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 4 sardines
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 onion
- 1 piece garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Remove the head and stomach of the sardines. Chop tomatoes coarsely and chop onions and garlic finely.
- 2. Put 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and place the sardines. Grill them until they turn golden brown. Take out the sardines when they have cooked.
- 3. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in the frying pan and fry the onions and garlic. When there is an aroma, add tomatoes and cook them again.
- 4. When water comes out from the tomatoes and is thickened, add the sardines and basil. Cook for about 5 minutes at medium heat and taste with salt and pepper.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
- Cooking time : 20 micnutes
- Calorific Value : 320 kcal
Sardines are rich in umami substance, inosinate, tomato is rich in glutamate and so forth. Paring of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.