Stewed Chicken Wings and Garlic in Soup Stock with Vinegar
- Umami-rich Recipes with Chicken
In this recipe, chicken and garlic are simmered in soup with vinegar, which provides umami. Cooked for long enough,the chicken meat easily comes off the bone, so it is easy to eat. This recipe can be served throughout the year.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 4 chicken wings (200g approx.)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 clove ginger
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cups (400mL) of soup stock *
＊1 1/2soup cubes dissolved in 2 cup (400mL) of water
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- 1. Cut garlic into halves and remove green germ, if any. Thin slice ginger.
- 2. Heat oil, garlic and ginger in a frying pan until hot and fry chicken wings.
- 3. Add vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and soup stock into the pan and raise the heat. Skim off the scum from the soup and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes until the soup is boiled down to one-third of quantity.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
- Cooking time : 30 minutes
- Calorific Value : 190 kcal
Chicken is rich in umami substance; glutamate and inosinate, garlic is rich in glutamate. Pairing of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.