Steamed Pork and Clam with White Wine
- Umami-rich Recipes with Pork
This is an appetizing dish of umami-rich pork and clams. You can substitute shelled clams with unshelled ones.It is ideal as either an appetizer or as a main dish.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 150g pork loin (for tonkatsu)
- 100g clam
- 1/2 chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp white wine
- Chopped Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- 1. Cut the pork loin into ２cm pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Put the vegetable oil and garlic in a frying pan and heat over low heat. When there is an aroma, turn the heat up to medium and put on the pork.
- 3. When the pork turns golden brown, add the clams and pour on white wine. Cover with a lid.
- 4. When the clams open up, add Italian parsley.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
- Cooking time : 15 minutes
- Calorific Value : 250 kcal
Pork is rich in inosinate, clam is rich in glutamate and so forth. Pairing of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.