Prawn and Chinese Cabbage Stir-fry
- Umami-rich Recipes with Seafood
Delicacies simply made of two ingredients - prawn and Chinese cabbage. These tastes and the umami of oyster sauce make the dish very delicious. It goes well not only with rice but also with noodles.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 8 prawns
- starch powder
- 2 leaves Chinese cabbage
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
A ・1/4 cup hot water ・1 tbsp sake ・2 tsp oyster sauce ・1 tsp sugar ・1 tsp starch powder
- 1. Mix A in a bowl.
- 2. After taking the skin off the prawns, remove the digestive tract from the back of the prawns and dust them with starch powder and boil. Cut Chinese cabbage into ３cm squares.
- 3. Heat vegetable oil to medium heat in a pan and fry garlic and ginger until there is a pleasant aroma. Then, increase the heat and add the Chinese cabbage and stir fry.
- 4. Add 1 and prawns into the pan and mix quickly. Season with salt and pepper.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
- Cooking time : 20 minutes
- Calorific Value : 190 kcal
Prawn is rich in inosinate and glutamate. Chinese cabbage is rich in glutamate and so forth. Pairing of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.