Cream Stew of Chicken and Chinese Cabbage
- Umami-rich Recipes with Chicken
Cold weather makes Chinese cabbage and mushrooms more delicious.
Umami in chicken, Chinese cabbage and mushrooms are good combination with a creamy sauce.Instead of eryngi mushrooms, you can use shimeji or maitake mushrooms.
■ Ingredients（ for 2 persons ）
- 2 leaves Chinese cabbage
- 1 eryngi mushroom
- 1 chicken breast (approximately 300g)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoon white wine
- 1 cup chicken bouillon*
＊2/3 bouillon cube for 200mL water
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon diluted corn starch
- 1. Cut Chinese cabbage into ３cm squares. Halve the eryngi lengthwise then cut each piece into quarters.
- 2. Cut chicken thigh into bitesize and season with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a flying pan and sear the chicken browning all sides. Add Chinese cabbage and elyngi then cook.
- 3. Heat butter in a pan. Add onions and cook until tender. Add white wine, chicken bouillon and cook down until it is at half volume. Add fresh cream, salt, pepper and water with starch and stir.
- 4. Add 2 into 3 and bring to a boil.
Umami Score of Main Ingredients in the Recipe
- Cooking time : 20 minutes
- Calorific Value : 760 kcal
Chicken is rich in umami substance; glutamate and inosinate, Chinese cabbage is rich in glutamate. Pairing of these two ingredients provides umami synergy and makes dish tasty.
By using umami power, make your daily dishes more delicious
Seishun shuppannsha 2013 August
- About 150 recipes by cooking specialist Fumiyo Kawakami are presented in the book.
- The Umami Information Center provides basic umami information and Dr. Takashi Yamamoto, our president, supervised the book.